Three-Tiered Adoption Assistance
- A three-tiered payment ceiling is expected to increase adoption of children with special needs.
Family Group Decision Making (FGDM) Expansion
- FGDM is a new practice initiative that involves the extended family members in service planning to more effectively assure positive outcomes for children who have recently experienced a removal. Expansion requires 36 new FTEs.
Kinship Care Expansion
- Statewide expansion of the kinship care pilot program that provides financial assistance and support services to family caregivers. Expansion requires 11 new FTEs in FY 06 and another 4 in FY 07.
Enhance Recruitment for Foster/Adoptive Parents
- Funding for performance-based contracts for recruitment efforts that will increase the placement options for children removed from their homes.
Increase Post Adoption Services
- Addresses demand for post adoption services.
Increase Adoption Placement Purchased Services
- Would ensure child placing agencies continue to recruit and place DFPS children in need of adoptive homes.
Adoption Assistance Beyond Age 17
- Would support adoption of children with special needs.
|Three-Tiered Adoption Assistance||$993,420||$2,185,524||$3,178,944|
|Family Group Decision Making Expansion||2,270,996||2,121,488||4,392,484|
|Kinship Care Expansion||7,797,702||8,490,879||16,288,581|
|Enhance Recruit-Foster/Adopt Parents||500,000||500,000||1,000,000|
|Incr Post Adoption Svcs||1,000,000||1,000,000||2,000,000|
|Incr Adoption Placement Purch Svcs||616,997||616,997||1,233,994|
|Adoption Assistance Beyond Age 17||1,442,403||2,522,493||3,964,896|
|Number of FTEs||47.0||51.0|
|Method of Financing:|
|No. of Children in FPS Conservatorship Who Are Adopted||144||144|
|Average No. of Children: Adoption Placement Purchased Services||12||12|
|Average No. of Clients Receiving Post-adoption Purchased Services||289||289|
|Average No. of Children Provided Adoption Subsidy Per Month||443||866|