Federal Stimulus Funds for DFPS Services
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 includes funding for foster care and adoption subsidies through a temporary increase in the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP), which is used in determining the amount of Federal Title IV-E matching funds for these programs. DFPS also received an appropriation of $64.4 million for ARRA Child Care and Development Block Grant and TANF Supplemental Funds for FY 2010-2011. This webpage will be updated as reports become available.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Quarterly Expenditure Reporting, FY 2010, Quarter 2, Revised May 4, 2010
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Intended Use Plan
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 created a Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board to be the watchdog for the American public on the use of Recovery Act funds. The Act required the Board to establish and maintain a user-friendly, public-facing website to foster greater accountability and transparency in the use of covered funds. The website serves as a portal or gateway to key information relating to the Act and provides connections to other government websites with related information.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services information on federal stimulus dollars for improving health and human services.
- Texas House of Representatives Select Committee on Federal Economic Stabilization Funding.
- Texas Comptroller’s in-depth and transparent look at the federal stimulus dollars coming to our state.
- The State Auditor’s Office information on how to report fraud, waste, and abuse of state resources.