How can I help affected Foster Youth and Foster Families?
- To donate items, contact your local Rainbow Room. They need NEW, unopened supplies such as diapers, baby formula, blankets, school supplies and toiletries
- To give money, please make donations to the Texas Center for Child and Family Studies, a charitable organization that our agency is partnering with to provide basic needs to assist foster youth and foster families.
- If your church or organization wants to help with recovery efforts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I help affected elderly and disabled individuals?
- To donate items, contact your local Silver Star Rooms. These emergency resource rooms need NEW, unopened supplies such as adult diapers, blankets, and toiletries.
- To give money, please make donations to the Texas Partners for Adult Protective Services, a charitable organization that our agency is partnering with to provide basic needs to the elderly and disabled adults.
- If your church or organization wants to help with recovery efforts, please contact DFPSApsCommunication@dfps.state.tx.us.
How can my company help with recovery efforts?
- To make a donation to help children, family and the elderly, please email email@example.com.
- If you want to donate items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can put you in touch with organizations that are requesting specific assistance.
What resources are available for those suffering from catastrophic property damage?
- For emergency assistance, call 9-1-1
- If you are a foster youth, foster family, elderly or disabled person and you need basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter, please contact your caseworker to coordinate those needs.
- Find an open shelter near you by texting SHELTER and your zip code to 4FEMA (43362). You can also use the FEMA mobile app.
- Contact the Red Cross for assistance including shelter and to let family members know you are safe and other assistance.
- Salvation Army