The Automated Background Check System (ABCS) is a web-based application that lets DFPS staff, contractors, subcontractors, and other DFPS partners electronically request background checks for their employees and volunteers.
Users log on to ABCS through the HHS Enterprise Portal to:
- Submit background checks.
- View the status of background checks, including when a background check has been completed and when renewal checks are due.
- Upload personal information about the person being checked.
- Determine whether a person is cleared (active or inactive) to get access to confidential information, DFPS systems, or for other purposes.
For technical help using the HHS Portal, visit the HHS Portal Contact Us page.
For help interpreting background check policies, results, or other background check related questions:
- Visit the DFPS Background Checks website.
- Read the DFPS Centralized Background Check Unit Operating Handbook.
- Send an email to the CBCU Background Checks mailbox at: AskCBCU@dfps.state.tx.us.