Child Care Licensing Rules
Proposed Rule Changes
There are no proposed rule changes at this time.
Adopted Rule Changes
The following adopted rule changes in Chapters 744, 746, and 747 relating to comprehensive review became effective April 15, 2017:
- Chapter 744, School-Age and Before or After-School Programs
- Chapter 746, Child-Care Centers
- Chapter 747, Licenses and Regulated Child Care Homes
The following adopted rule changes in Chapters 748 and 749 became effective January 1, 2017:
Child Care Licensing Rules in the Texas Administrative Code
Child Care Licensing Rules currently in effect can be found in the Texas Administrative Code under Title 40, Part 19, in the following chapters:
- Chapter 745 consists of rules that clarify general licensing procedures essential to the regulation of all child-care operations and some residential child-care minimum standard rules.
- Chapter 745, Subchapter O, consists of rules for independent court-ordered adoption evaluations.
- Chapter 745, Subchapter P, consists of rules for day care administrator's credential program.
- Chapter 743 consists of minimum standards/rules for shelter care programs.
- Chapter 744 consists of minimum standards/rules for school-age and before- or after-school programs.
- Chapter 746 consists of minimum standards/rules for licensed child-care centers.
- Chapter 747 consists of minimum standards/rules for registered and licensed child-care homes.