Note: Independent Family Homes and Independent Group Homes are not eligible to use this service.
- Enter your operation/permit number.
(Include CPA agency numbers or Branch office numbers separated by hyphens as necessary.)
- The valid "contact" email address must be recorded in CLASS at least one day prior to registering. The email addresses must match exactly as it is in CLASS. This is case sensitive. The "contact email address" is not the one that appears on the Public and Provider site. This is for communications from Licensing for the background check results; it is not seen by the general public. You may use the same email for both purposes if you wish.
- Make sure the mailing address zip code is used rather than the location address zip code.
- Sometimes the issuance date is confusing, particularly if your permit has been amended. The correct date is listed on the Search Texas Child Care site for your operation. (Branch offices must use the CPA issuance date)
- Choose a Login User ID of at least 6 characters and a Password of at least 6 characters. Passwords may be used for multiple operations but the Login User ID is specific to each operation and will remain with the operation for the duration of the permit (even for different users).
After successfully registering you will be sent a confirmation e-mail at the contact e-mail address you provided. You must use the link from the e-mail in order to activate your account. (If you have lost that link, you are not registered! You must re-register)
Checking these things should allow you to register.
If you already have a permit/operation number but do not yet have an online account with CCL, we encourage you to Create an Online Account. The online account gives you on-demand access to a variety of tasks, including submitting background checks, reviewing the status of submitted background checks, and making changes to governing body information.
To create an online account:
- Access the Create a Child Care Licensing Account page.
- In the "Registration Form" section of the page, select "Yes" for the first question ("Do you have a Permit Number?"). The page will then refresh to a set of fields that you will need to complete in order to register.
- Enter your permit/operation number. Your permit/operation number, e-mail address, mailing address zip code will need to match what Licensing has in our records based on your application. If you receive an error that you are unable to resolve, please contact your local Child Care Licensing office. Once you have successfully submitted your account registration information, you will receive an e-mail containing a link that you must click on in order to activate your account.
- If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail (subject line "Complete Registration" within 24-hours, please check your spam folders. If you still have not received the e-mail, attempt to register again and watch for any errors when you submit your registration. If you continue to have difficulty registering, please contact your local Child Care Licensing office.
Go to the Child-Care Provider Login & Background Checks page. Click on the link directly below the login fields "Forgot your User ID or Password" (It is located beneath the login button.)
You will receive, via the contact e-mail on record with Licensing, your current Login User ID name and a new password. You will have to use the new password, which is case sensitive. You can change the password once you have successfully logged back in. Remember: Each time you click on "Click here if you forgot your User ID or Password." you will receive a new password that you must enter exactly as it is written. (The original USER ID does not change.)
If you have changed your password, and the auto correct feature from Microsoft Word is on, it will remember your old password. You will be prompted by a Microsoft message asking if you want to change it and say "yes".
The background checks are run through Dept of Public Safety and the Central Registry on a weekly basis. Depending on when the check is entered the cleared emails will be sent to you on the following Tuesday.
If there are questions about not receiving the results by email first look in the Junk/Spam mail of the email service to see if they are there. Many mail servers will filter email when there are mass mailings. You will need to signify that these are not Junk or Spam in order to receive notification by email.
Still have questions? Contact your licensing representative if you have questions or encounter any problems.