Helpful Web Sites
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) publishes proposed and adopted rules and notices of public meetings for its programs in the Texas Register.
The public is encouraged to check the current and previous issues of the Texas Register for more information on these rule changes.
The Texas Register includes information in HTML and Adobe Acrobat formats online for about six months through one year, depending on whether it's a pdf file or a HTML file. Follow these steps to find Child Care Licensing rules online:
- Go to, http://www.sos.state.tx.us/texreg/index.shtml
- Under Points of Interest, select (date) issue
- Under Points of Interest, select either: Current Issue
HTML or Previous Issues HTML.
Note:For previous issues, select the date the rules were published in the Texas Register.
- Scroll down and find the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
- Select the name of the CCL chapter to be reviewed. CCL has rules in five chapters. They are: Licensing, Minimum Standards for Child-Care Homes, Minimum Standards for Child-Care Centers, 24-Hour Care Licensing, and Licensing of Maternity Facilities.
- A table is indicated in the text of the rules by the tag, Figure: 40 TAC §(rule number). Select the link to find the table.
- Use "Control F" to conduct a word search in the HTML format.