About Region 1
- Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC): Saint Francis Ministries
- Current status: Stage II
- Next sep: Ongoing monitoring
- DFPS/Saint Francis Joint Operations Manual
- DFPS Community-Based Care administrator: Bet Ribordy, (806) 742-9412.
- DFPS Contract Administration manager: Amy Forister, (806) 742-9443.
- Contact Saint Francis Ministries
|Title||Name / Email|
|Vice President||Cristian Garcia|
|Regional Vice President||Rachel Williams-Ehue|
|Director of Operations||Jack Noles|
|Director of Placement, Transportation, and Clinical Utilization||Nicole Locker|
|Director of Community Engagement||Erin Baxter|
|Director of Human Resources||Jamie Flores|
|Director of Permanency and Reunification (North)||Micah Smith|
|Director of Permanency and Reunification (North)||Jessica Hoskins|
|Director of Permanency and Reunification (South)||Esmeralda Kennedy|
|Director of Permanency and Reunification (South)||Nicole Banire|
|Regional Attorney||Kacee Harvey|
St. Francis Community Services became the third single source continuum contractor to provide foster care case management, kinship, and family reunification services to youth and families in Texas. St. Francis Communinty Services entered Stage II of Community-Based Care on March 2, 2022. St. Francis Community Services, a division of St. Francis Ministries, has been providing a continuum of services in Region 1 since January 2020. Region 1 includes 41 Texas counties.
|Form Number||Form Name|
|1516||Region 1 Adoption Checklist|
|1517||Region 1 Initial Coordination Meeting (ICM)|
|1518||Region 1 Removal|
- August 2018: DFPS announces that Region 1 and Region 8B would be the next areas for Community-Based Care.
- December 7, 2018: DFPS released a request for application for Community-Based Care in Region 1, which covers 41 counties in the Texas Panhandle.
- June 13, 2019: DFPS awarded a Community-Based Care contract in Region 1 to Saint Francis Ministries
- January 6, 2020: Region 1 is live for Stage I Community Based Care.