|Revision Date||September 7, 2018|
Contract Oversight and Support (COS) is a division within the Office of the Deputy Commissioner charged with building and maintaining DFPS’ contracting framework to support informed processes and activities that safeguard against unethical behaviors, manage contracting risks, and focus on integrity and compliance.
COS strives to promote continuous business process improvement by providing resources needed to support and guide contracting divisions in managing agency purchases and contracts in an effort to ensure quality services, accountability, minimized risk, and optimal value.
COS supports the mission of DFPS by proactively managing contracting risk to safeguard public funds through:
- Establishing and maintaining contracting guidelines that comply with federal and state laws;
- Data analysis, assurances, and reporting;
- Training and support for contract staff;
- Collaboration; and
- Technical assistance.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contract Audit Coordination;
- Contract Handbook Management;
- Policy and Form Development;
- Cross Agency Coordination and Communication;
- Workgroup Facilitation;
- Quality Assurance and Process Improvement;
- Mandated Reporting, including Legislative Budget Board and Vendor Performance Reporting;
- Contract Integrity and Data Reporting;
- SCOR System Administration and Support;
- Develop and Conduct Relevant Training(s);
- Contract Technical Assistance and Support; and
- Specialized Monitoring Plan Development and Management.