DFPS enters into regional client service contracts to provide clients with additional protective services and to support and expand DFPS's capacity to serve the community.
We have regional contract experts who are responsible for:
- Coordinating the development of purchased client services’ Statements of Work for contracts.
- Screening, reviewing and processing contract application documents and associated provider credentials and required checks
- Establishing contracts
- Conducting New Provider Orientations to CPS and associated contracted service expectations
- Providing technical assistance to Contractors and providers interested in applying to become DFPS Contractors
- Acting as liaisons between Contractors and CPS Program staff in the field
- Managing and monitoring contracts in accordance with the contract terms and conditions
- Supporting caseworkers and other DFPS staff to help resolve performance issues or concerns
- Evaluating Contractor performance measure results
- Answering questions about service authorizations
- Processing invoices to provide prompt payment for services rendered.
To monitor contracts, these specialized staff members make on-site visits, review contract activities, develop reports, and follow-up on how contractors comply with administrative, programmatic and financial requirements.
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) contracts with a variety of vendors. Current procurement opportunities are posted on:
- The Health and Human Services Open Enrollment Opportunities page at: https://apps.hhs.texas.gov/pcs/openenrollment.cfm
- The Electronic State Business Daily (ESBD) page at: http://www.txsmartbuy.com/sp.
CPS Direct Services
Examples of direct services include:
- Evaluation and treatment services
- Substance abuse assessments and treatment (individual, family and group counseling)
- Home study/screenings and assessment reports
- In-state adoption
- Out-of-state adoption
- Supervised visitation services
- Preparation for Adult Living (PAL) services.
- Post-adoption services
DFPS enters into Support Services contracts to improve the effectiveness of direct client services and to support organizations that provide indirect assistance to clients. Examples of support services contracts include contracts with:
- Foster parent associations, and eligible councils and organizations who are volunteers.
- Title IV-E county child welfare services.
- Title IV-E county legal services.
- Burial services for deceased children in the managing conservatorship of DFPS.
|North West Regions 1, 2, 9 and 10 (Lubbock, Abilene, Midland and El Paso Areas)||Minnie Escobar||1103 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Lubbock, Texas 79403
|Region 3 – Dallas/Arlington Area||Rachel Espinoza||1200 E Copeland
Arlington, TX 76011
|Region 4/5 – Tyler/Nacogdoches Area||Julia Conner||Region 4/5 – Tyler/Nacogdoches Area
Nacogdoches, TX 75963
|Region 6 – Houston Area||5425 Polk St., Suite 190H
Houston, TX 77023
|Region 7 – Austin Area||Ardell Ray||14000 Summit Dr Ste 100
Austin, TX 78728
|Region 8 – San Antonio Area||Linda Tavel||3635 SE Military Dr
San Antonio, TX 78223
|Region 11 – Edinburg Area||Candelaria Benavidez||2520 South Veterans Blvd
Edinburg, TX 78539