How the HHSC Job Search Works
How the Jobs Center Works
You must create a user account before you can use most of the website. Get started by clicking on "Build My Profile" in the New Members box on the right side of the page.
There are six buttons that run across the top of the HHSC Jobs Center website that help you search for jobs and submit applications. (Please see the screen shot below.)
- Jobs Center Home returns you to the Jobs Center homepage.
- My Workbench shows the jobs you have applied for, any assessments you must take for a particular position, and lets you create a new State of Texas application or get a copy of one you have saved.
- My Profile lets you to create a user profile and upload your resume. Note: You must still submit an application to be considered for a position. You also can use this page to make your application inactive.
- Job Agents lets you save search parameters for the types of job you want. You will then get emails about new job openings that match your search settings.
- Job Cart shows the jobs you have applied for.
- Login lets you log in or out of the Jobs Center.
Once you find a job that interests you, there are several ways to apply for a DFPS job. You can apply online, by fax, or by mail. In all cases, a State of Texas Application is required. .
Completing the online State of Texas Application
- Create a user account by going to the "New Members" box on the right side of the page. Click on "Build My Profile" to start the process.
- You can complete and submit an online State of Texas Application through CAPPS (Centralized Accounting and Payroll & Personnel System) However, you can also fax, mail, or, in the case of state schools, submit the application in person.
- You can upload a resume through CAPPS but you must submit a State of Texas Application to be considered for any position.
- The online system does not have a "spell-check" feature. You may want to complete the description of your previous jobs in a program that does and then copy and paste the text into CAPPS.
- If you don't have time to complete your application in one sitting, you can save it for later. To find your application, click on the "Workbench" tab at the top of any of the Jobs Center pages. Under "Employment Applications Submitted," you have a choice of clicking on "Saved Application" or "Review and Continue":
- "Saved Application" lets you print a copy of your application.
- "Review and Continue" lets you to edit your application. Your application will open at the last page you worked on. Use the "Back" button at the bottom of the screen, not your browser's back button, to go back to previous pages.
State of Texas Application
You must complete a State of Texas Application to be considered for any DFPS job. If you don't use the Job Center, you must submit one manually.
You can download the application from the Texas Workforce Commission web site in Word Document or PDF Document format. You also can find instructions for completing the application and an Employment History Continuation sheet on the WorkInTexas.com.
You can submitted the application in one of the following ways:
- By fax to 1-866-245-3646.
- By mail to:
CAPPS Service Center
P.O. Box 6629
Round Rock, Texas 78683-6629
Find and Apply for a Job Using CAPPS
A list of DFPS jobs can be found online through the CAPPS Health and Human Services Jobs Center. When using CAPPS, keep these tips in mind:
- You can search for a job without registering. However, you must build a profile to apply online or take advantage of other features like emails about jobs that match your search criteria.
- If you want to work for DFPS, make sure you choose "Dept of Family & Protective Svc" from the agency drop-down menu when you search for jobs.
- You can complete the application in more than one session. CAPPS lets you save your application and return to complete or make changes to it. You can also print a copy of your application.
If you have questions about CAPPS or have difficulty applying, please call 1-888-TX-HHS-HR (1-888-894-4747) or 1-866-839-2747 (TDD/TTY). The Service Center hours of support are Monday through Friday 7a.m. to 7p.m. CST.