APS and SWI Supervisor Assessments
Adult Protective Services (APS) and Statewide Intake (SWI) supervisor assessments are now scheduled for candidates who want to become supervisors in those programs. This has been a requirement for CPS supervisor candidates since July 2017. Just like CPS, APS and SWI job postings will require a passing assessment certificate to be considered for a supervisor position.
The requirement will be added to APS and SWI supervisor job postings in mid to late summer 2018, so start planning to attend an assessment soon.
DFPS needs the most qualified leaders, and we choose those leaders through a fair and impartial process. So, to become a supervisor, you are required to pass an assessment before you can apply.
Anyone who meets the minimum criteria (see the Supervisor Assessment Guide) is eligible to take the supervisor assessment. If you are interested, we recommend you take the assment now - do not wait for a supervisor position to open up to register!
Here are the key points of the process:
- The supervisor job postings require you to first pass an assessment to be eligible for a supervisor position.
- A passing score is 80%. You will be notified of your results once it is graded. If you pass, your certificate will be emailed to you.
- You may register for and take the assessment any time prior to applying for a supervisor position. You do not have to apply for a position before you take the assessment.
- DFPS offers the assessment every month at 15 locations around Texas. Dates and locations for all DFPS programs are listed below. All tests are 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Register for your assessment by emailing the DFPS Registrar.
- Registration for each assessment closes three days before the date of the assessment.
- You should arrive 15 minutes early to your assessment. If you arrive late, you will not be allowed to take the assessment at that time, but you may register for another, later assessment.
- If you do not pass, you can take the assessment again. You may take the assessment as many times as you need to be successful.
- Study material for the assessment are available for APS, CPS, and SWI, as well as the HR policies you will need to know.
- Register for an assessment by emailing the DFPS Registrar.
- All tests are 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on the day scheduled.
|1||Amarillo||Potter||3521 SW 15th Ave||79102||6/14||7/18||8/22||9/20|
|1||Lubbock||Lubbock||7 BRIERCROFT Ofc Prk||79412||6/21||7/5||8/15||9/5|
|2||Abilene||Taylor||3610 Vine St||79602||6/12||7/18||8/7||9/6|
|3||Arlington||Tarrant||1200 E Copeland Rd Ste||76011||6/27||7/19||8/21||9/12|
|3||Dallas||Dallas||8700 N Stemmons Fwy||75247||6/19||7/17||8/14||9/18|
|4||Tyler||Smith||302 E Rieck Rd||75703||6/13||7/24||8/16||9/6|
|5||Beaumont||Jefferson||3105 Executive Blvd||77705||6/12||7/11||8/14||9/11|
|6||Houston||Harris||3 Northpoint Drive||77060||6/14||7/17||8/14||9/18|
|6||Rosenberg||Fort Bend||1110 AVE G||77471||6/26||7/24||8/21||9/18|
|7||Austin||Travis||14000 Summit Dr||78728||6/21||7/26||8/8||9/5|
|8||San Antonio||Bexar||3635 SE Military Dr||78223||6/28||7/25||8/9||9/5|
|9||Odessa||Ector||2525 N Grandview Ave Ste 100||79761||6/21||7/19||8/16||9/6|
|10||El Paso||El Paso||501 Hawkins Blvd||79915||6/7||7/10||8/9||9/6|
|11||Corpus Christi||Nueces||5155 Flynn Pkwy||78411||6/26||7/25||8/9||9/6|
|11||Edinburg||Hidalgo||300 E Canton Rd||78539||6/13||7/18||8/16||9/13|
|*Note: Registered participants will be notified by email if temporary changes in locations are made due to unforeseen office closures or other circumstances.|