CPS needs the most qualified leaders, and we choose those leaders through a fair and impartial process. So, to become a CPS supervisor, you are required to pass an assessment before you can apply (as of July 1, 2017).
Anyone who meets the minimum criteria (see the Supervisor Assessment Guide) is eligible to take the CPS supervisor assessment.
Here are the key points of the process:
- The CPS supervisor job postings require you to first pass an assessment to be eligible for a supervisor position.
- You may register for and take the assessment any time prior to applying for a supervisor position. You do not have to apply for a position before you take the assessment.
- DFPS offers the assessment every month at 15 locations around Texas. Dates and locations are listed below.
- Register for your assessment by emailing the DFPS Registrar. If you are currently a DFPS employee, you can register in the DFPS Learning Station.
- Registration for each assessment closes three days before the date of the assessment.
- You should arrive 15 minutes early to your assessment. If you arrive late, you will not be allowed to take the assessment at that time, but you may register for another, later assessment.
- A passing score is 80%. If you pass, you will receive a certificate of completion by email.
- If you do not pass, you can take the assessment again.
- Study material for the assessment can be found in the Supervisor Study reference material.
|1||Amarillo||Potter||3521 SW 15th Avenue||79102||1/10/18||2/15/2018||3/15/2018|
|1||Lubbock||Lubbock||7 Breicroft Office Park||79412||1/11/18||2/13/2018||3/28/2018|
|2||Abilene||Taylor||3610 Vine Street||79602||1/9/18||2/8/2018||3/8/2018|
|3||Arlington||Tarrant||1200 E. Copeland Road Suite 400||76011||1/4/18||2/8/2018||3/21/2018|
|3||Dallas||Dallas||8700 N. Stemmons Freeway||75247||1/16/18||2/20/2018||3/20/2018|
|4||Tyler||Smith||302 E. Rieck Road||75703||1/4/18||2/8/2018||3/8/2018|
|5||Beaumont||Jefferson||3105 Executive Boulevard||77705||1/24/18||2/15/2018||3/8/2018|
|6||Rosenberg||Fort Bend||1110 Avenue G||77471||1/17/18||2/28/2018||3/6/2018|
|7||Austin||Travis||14000 Summit Drive||78728||1/17/18||2/8/2018||3/7/2018|
|8||San Antonio||Bexar||3635 SE. Military Drive||78223||1/17/18||2/7/2018||3/7/2018|
|9||Odessa||Ector||2525 N. Grandview Avenue Suite 100||79761||1/18/18||2/20/2018||3/21/2018|
|10||El Paso||El Paso||501 Hawkins Boulevard||79915||1/11/18||2/8/2018||3/8/2018|
|11||Corpus Christi||Nueces||5155 Flynn Parkway||78411||1/9/18||2/21/2018||3/21/2018|
|11||Edinburg||Hidalgo||300 E. Canton Road||78539||1/17/18||2/20/2018||3/20/2018|
*Note - Registered participants will be notified by email if temporary changes in locations are made due to unforeseen office closures or other circumstances