|Revision Date||March 1, 2018|
DFPS contracts executed on or after September 1, 2017, must have a Texas Ethics Commission Form 1295, Disclosure of Interested Parties, completed and filed with the Texas Ethics Commission. Form 1295 is an electronic form located on the Texas Ethics Commission Website, where instructions for first time users can be found.
DFPS may not enter into a contract with a business entity unless the business entity submits a Disclosure of Interested Parties, Form 1295, to the agency at the time the business entity submits the signed contract.
HHS-PCS routes the execution of contracts on behalf of DFPS. Therefore, the responsibility for DFPS contract staff will include following up with HHS-PCS, when necessary.
Form 1295 is required when:
- The contract is valued at $1 million or more;
- The governing body of the entity, requires an action or vote, before the contract or amendment is signed;
- During an amendment, that increases the contract value to over $1 million; or
- When there is a change to the interested parties.
Exemptions from this requirement include:
- An interagency contract of a state agency or an institution of higher education;
- Open enrollment contracts valued at zero dollars;
- Contracts with publicly traded business entities, including a wholly owned subsidiary of the business entity; and
- Contracts with electric and gas utilities.