DFPS enters into contracts to provide services to clients to help them prevent or overcome abuse, neglect or exploitation. These services may also be provided through collaboration with other state agencies through an interagency agreements or memoranda of understanding.
Through these contracts, DFPS establishes the qualifications, service deliverables, reporting requirements, documentation requirements, payment methodology and performance measures for each service.
DFPS APS contract managers are responsible for:
- Establishing contracts.
- Managing and monitoring contracts according to the terms of each contract.
- Supporting caseworkers and other DFPS staff to help resolve performance issues or concerns.
- Collaborating with Contractors in the provision of quality services.
- Processing invoices for contracted services.
To monitor contracts, staff conduct on-site or desk review monitoring activities, review supporting documentation, assess compliance with reaching performance measure targets, and document findings relevant to how contractors comply with programmatic and financial requirements.
- Nursing Facility Services
- Mental Health and Medical Assessment Services
- Personal Assistance Care Services
- Counseling Services
- Heavy Cleaning Services
- Extermination Services Residential
Current contracting opportunities can be found on the Electronic State Business Daily at http://esbd.cpa.state.tx.us/
Inquiries related to existing contracted services with DFPS for its Adult Protective Services clients should be directed to Rebecca Flores at 210 337-3154.