What We Do
Healthy Outcomes through Prevention & Early Support (HOPES) is a flexible community grant that funds a wide variety of innovative initiatives and supports for families with children 0-5 years of age. Supports typically include home visiting services, as well as other supports that build protective factors, such as parent support groups, maternal depression screening, early literacy promotion, case management, and parent education. HOPES grants also include local collaborations with health care, faith-based organizations, child welfare, early childhood education, and other child and family services in the community.
Who We Serve
Families with children ages 0-5 years old who are considered at risk for abuse and neglect.
Map of Providers and Communities
*Denotes primary counties
For additional provider details, see the 2022 provider directory.
How We Measure Success
- Children remain safe during services, within 1 year (98.8% in FY20) and 3 years (94.8% in FY20).
- Increase in protective factors, such as family functioning and resiliency, social supports, and nurturing/attachment (86% of caregivers in FY20).
- Program Start Date: 2014
- Target Number of Youth/Families Served Annually, FY22: 8,131
- Average Number of Youth/ Families Served Per Month, FY21: pending
- Counties Served: 28 Primary Counties
- Annual Budget for Community Contracts: $25,394,886
- Total Number of Community Grantees: 28 Grantees, 29 Subgrantees
- Average Grantee Budget: $906,960
HOPES Success Story
My Health, My Resources (Tarrant County)
Tina was struggling with pandemic-related stress and challenges. She indicated to the HOPES family support coach that she had difficulty keeping her children engaged during quarantine. The coach encouraged Tina to try out various virtual groups to participate in with her children to incorporate collaborative activities in the household. Tina and her children tried out a few virtual groups and loved them so much they began incorporating them into their every-day routine.
Each week, the family support coach assists Tina in putting together a schedule of groups and activities for the whole family. According to Tina, these weekly activities helped the family connect more often as well as brought them closer together.