What is the Texas Nurse-Family Partnership?
It’s a program that connects first-time mothers with nurses who specialize in maternal and child health. These nurses provide the care and support that new moms need to have healthy pregnancies and strong families.
If you enroll in the program, a nurse will visit you while you’re pregnant and until your child is 2 years old. You can learn about things like:
- Taking care of yourself during and after pregnancy.
- Important steps in your child’s development.
- Parenting a young child.
- Planning for your family’s future.
Who qualifies for this program?
The program is free and voluntary. A woman is eligible if she:
- Is pregnant with her first child.
- Signs up by the 28th week of her pregnancy.
- Qualifies for Medicaid.
- Is a Texas resident.
How do I apply?
Local organizations provide Texas Nurse-Family Partnership services. Search for resources by county to find the organization nearest to you and apply directly with them.