Texas Prevention Network
Did you know...
- More than 400 people from around the state have joined the Texas Prevention Network since July 2015.
- PEI and the Texas Home Visiting program will merge into a single organization in 2016 focusing on improving the well-being of children, youth and families.
- PEI's proposed five-year strategic plan will be released in the Spring of 2016 for public comment.
What is Texas Prevention Network (TPN)?
Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) and Texas Home Visiting program have come together to fund a network of service providers who work with Texas children and their families to reduce the risk of child abuse, neglect, juvenile delinquent behavior and other negative outcomes. These providers work on strengthening families through counseling, parenting classes, home visitation, youth development programs, and other support services.
PEI is currently creating a five year plan, as directed by statute. We will include the expertise of participants in our statewide network to help inform the plan. TPN members include representatives from the following sectors:
- Legal system
- Law Enforcement
- Advocacy groups
- Faith-based community
- Medical community
- Researchers/Higher education
- Providers of prevention services
- State and local governments
- School districts
PEI is excited to transform the health and well-being of Texas families and promote a safe environment for children, by providing effective, collaborative resources to parents.
PEI has created six short-term think tanks to address the important issues of the PEI five year plan. Each Think Tank is co-chaired by an internal PEI or Texas Home Visiting staff member and an external chair. These think tanks will be active between September and December 2015.
* Role of Review Committee: The Review Committee will consist of think tank co-chairs and PEI leadership leads. The committee's primary function is to act as network liaisons between PEI and the think tanks and provide consultation to PEI on think tank activities and work products. The Review Committee will review work products that come out of the think tanks planning process and provide feedback on the strategic plan written by PEI.
Think Tank Meeting Notes
- Continuum (Nov 16, 2015)
- Evidence Based Programming (Nov 6, 2015)
- Evidence Based Programming (Oct 19, 2015)
- Continuum (Oct 19, 2015)
- Contractor Relations (Oct 15, 2015)
- Research and Evaluation (Oct 14, 2015)
- Service and Program Coordination (Oct 8, 2015)
- Continuum (Oct 3, 2015)
- Contractor Relations (Sept 30, 2015)
- Evidence Based Programming (Sept 18, 2015)
- Service and Program Coordination (Sept 8, 2015)
- Evidence Based Programming (Sept 3, 2015)
- Sustainability (Aug 31, 2015)
- Contractor Relations (Aug 27, 2015)
Think Tank Reports
- PEI Think Tank Contractor Relations
- PEI Think Tank Continuum of Prevention Services
- Research and Evaluation Think Tank Report for Strategic Plan
- PEI Think Tank - Strategic Plan Recommendation for Program Sustainability
- Texas Prevention Network - Evidence-Based Programming Think Tank: Final Recommendations
- Texas Prevention Network - Service and Program Coordination Think Tank (Dec 14, 2014)