Training Topic 4: Child and Youth Service Planning (cont)
Service Planning Participants
It is important to note the key participants that should ALWAYS be invited & attend, if at all possible, the service planning meeting, including:
- the child or youth's parents and the parents' attorney, who must be invited when the parents have been invited,
- child(ren) or youth,
- family members,
- current caregiver,
- Provider Case Manager
- OCOK Care Coordinator,
- CPS conservatorship worker and supervisor,
- I See You worker (if assigned)
- legal representatives (i.e. CASA, ad litem, etc),
- other relevant professionals,
- other persons identified in the case who can contribute to service planning with the child.
Because the CPS conservatorship worker is ultimately responsible for the care and protection of the child, the provider case manager must make every effort to involve the worker in coordinating the date and time of the service planning meeting.