At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand and be able to implement all updates to the Region 3b Foster Care Redesign Operations Manual, including sections related to:
- Child Placement
- Child & Youth Service Planning
- Supervised Independent Living
- Court Reports
- Situations That Require Immediate Notification Between OCOK & DFPS
- OCOK Organization Chart
- New OCOK Residential Child Care Discharge Form.
- Understand the importance of the Common Application and its contents as related to finding the best placement match for a child in DFPS conservatorship and referred to OCOK; and
- Understand the importance of conducting a staffing for a child with severe mental health, developmental, physical, and/or therapeutic needs with certain Subject Matter Experts as soon as the need is identified, removal of the child is likely, and paid foster care placement will be needed.