Training Topic 4: Child and Youth Service Planning (cont)
Treatment Services are, in addition to standard services, a specialized type of child-care services designed to treat and/or support children:
- With Emotional Disorders, such as mood disorders, psychotic disorders, or dissociative disorders;
- With Intellectual Disabilities, who have an intellectual functioning of 70 or below and are characterized by prominent, significant deficits and pervasive impairment;
- With Pervasive Developmental Disorder, which is a category of disorders (e.g. Autistic Disorder or Rett's Disorder) characterized by prominent, severe deficits and pervasive impairment;
- With Primary Medical Needs, who cannot live without mechanical supports or the services of others because of life-threatening conditions; and/or
- Determined to be a trafficking victim.