DFPS has created this training to help families, caregivers, and other social service providers understand trauma informed care and child traumatic stress.
Goals and Objectives
- Define Trauma Informed Care
- Understand Child Traumatic Stress
- Understand the effects trauma can have on a child's development, behaviors, and functioning
- Recognize, prevent, and cope with Compassion Fatigue
- Recognize that many parents Child Welfare workers encounter have also experienced trauma when they were children