Child Care Licensing Rules
Proposed Rule Changes
Here you will find information on proposed rule changes. Listed below is the title, link to the Texas Register, and comment period dates for each packet. The public comment period begins on the date the notice is published in the Texas Register hyperlink and lasts for 30 days.
The public comment period for the proposed rule changes in Chapter 746, Child-Care Centers, related to comprehensive review is September 9 through October 10, 2016:
Send your comments on the proposed rule changes to Child Care Licensing by one of the two following methods:
- E-mail to CCLRules@dfps.state.tx.us
- Mail to Texas Register Liaison, Legal Services - 465, Department of Family and Protective Services E-611, PO Box 149030, Austin, Texas 78714-9030.
Please include the specific rule number(s) you are commenting on. This will help us to ensure your comment is reviewed and considered appropriately.
The public comment period for the proposed rule changes in Chapter 748, General Residential Operations, related to comprehensive review closed on September 26, 2016:
The public comment period for the following proposed rule changes in the Texas Register relating to normalcy and the Chapter 749, Child-Placing Agencies comprehensive review closed on July 11, 2016:
- Chapter 749, Child-Placing Agencies
- Chapter 745, Licensing
- Chapter 748, General Residential Operations
- Chapter 748, Child-Placing Agencies
- Chapter 750, Independent Foster Homes
Adopted Rule Changes
The following adopted rule changes in Chapter 745, Licensing, became effective September 1, 2016:
- Background checks and fees.
- Enforcement actions and technical assistance.
- Definitions for Licensing, applications, and the renewal of permits.
The following adopted rule changes in Chapters 744, 746, and 747 relating to health and safety requirements and training on the health and safety requirements, became effective September 1, 2016:
- Chapter 744, School-Age and Before or After-School Programs
- Chapter 746, Child-Care Centers
- Chapter 747, Child-Care Homes
The following adopted rule changes in Chapter 748 and 749 became effective on June 1, 2016:
Child Care Licensing Rules in the Texas Administrative Code
Child Care Licensing Rules currently in effect can be found in the Texas Administrative Code under Title 40, Part 19, in the following chapters:
- Chapter 745 consists of rules that clarify general licensing procedures essential to the regulation of all child-care operations and some residential child-care minimum standard rules.
- Chapter 745, Subchapter O, consists of rules for independent court-ordered adoption evaluations.
- Chapter 745, Subchapter P, consists of rules for day care administrator's credential program.
- Chapter 743 consists of minimum standards/rules for shelter care programs.
- Chapter 744 consists of minimum standards/rules for school-age and before- or after-school programs.
- Chapter 746 consists of minimum standards/rules for licensed child-care centers.
- Chapter 747 consists of minimum standards/rules for registered and licensed child-care homes.