Child Care Licensing Rules
Proposed Rule Changes
The public comment period for the following proposed rule changes in the Texas Register relating to health and safety requirements, training on the health and safety requirements, and background checks is May 20 through June 20, 2016:
- Chapter 744, School-Age and Before or After-School Programs
- Chapter 745, Licensing
- Chapter 746, Child-Care Centers
- Chapter 747, Child-Care Homes
Send your comments on the proposed rule changes by June 20, 2016 to Child Care Licensing by one of the two following methods:
- E-mail to CCLRules@dfps.state.tx.us
- Mail to Texas Register Liaison, Legal Services-465, Department of Family and Protective Services E-611, PO Box 149030, Austin, Texas 78714-9030.
Adopted Rule Changes
The following adopted rule changes in Chapter 745, Licensing became effective on March 1, 2016:
- Public notice and hearing requirements for General Residential Operations
- Administrator Licensing
- Adoption evaluations
Child Care Licensing Rules in the Texas Administrative Code
Child Care Licensing Rules currently in effect can be found in the Texas Administrative Code under Title 40, Part 19, in the following chapters:
- Chapter 745 consists of rules that clarify general licensing procedures essential to the regulation of all child-care operations and some residential child-care minimum standard rules.
- Chapter 745, Subchapter O, consists of rules for independent court-ordered adoption evaluations.
- Chapter 745, Subchapter P, consists of rules for day care administrator's credential program.
- Chapter 743 consists of minimum standards/rules for shelter care programs.
- Chapter 744 consists of minimum standards/rules for school-age and before- or after-school programs.
- Chapter 746 consists of minimum standards/rules for licensed child-care centers.
- Chapter 747 consists of minimum standards/rules for registered and licensed child-care homes.