Adult Protective Services Handbook Revision July 2010
This revision of the Adult Protective Services Handbook was published on July 1, 2010. Summaries of new or revised items are provided below.
Administrative Desk Review for Designated Perpetrators
Revisions are made throughout 5300 Administrative Review for Designated Perpetrators to change the process of administrative reviews.
• In the past, these reviews were done in person with the program administrator; however, the review will no longer be done in person with the designated perpetrator (DP), but instead will be completed as a desk review.
• The DP will still have the opportunity to provide additional testimony; however, this information must be in writing, and the DP will not be present during the review. If findings are to be released, the DP will have additional due process.
• Timeframes are changed.
Supporting documentation changes are made in the following:
• Notice of Findings to Designated Perpetrator letter
• Request for Administrative Desk Review for Designated Perpetrators letter
• Notification of Results of Administrative Desk Review letter
• Conducting an Administrative Desk Review tip sheet
• Expedited Administrative Review for DFPS Employees tip sheet
• Creating and Completing an ARI Stage in an In-Home Investigation screen shots
5300 Administrative Desk Review for Designated Perpetrators
5310 Designated Perpetrators Ineligible for an Administrative Desk Review
5320 Notifying the Designated Perpetrator of Findings and Eligibility for Review
5330 Procedure for the Administrative Desk Review for Designated Perpetrators
5331 Notification of Results of the Administrative Desk Review for Designated Perpetrators
5332 Circumstances in Which Findings May Be Released (Release Hearing)