DFPS Centralized Background Check Unit Operating Handbook
Revision January 2013
This revision of the DFPS Centralized Background Check Unit Operating Handbook was published on January 2, 2013. Summaries of new or revised items are provided below.
Background Checks for Purchased Client Services (Section 1000) Updated
The entire Section 1000 has been revised:
• Made major structural and editorial changes to reduce duplication, improve the flow, and clarify the content.
• Added detail to the definition of direct contact. Modified the definition of criminal conviction.
• Clarified the roles and responsibilities of CBCU staff and PCS staff.
• Added language to allow the transferability of results across certain contracts.
• Clarified the requirement for obtaining a background check when there is a break in service or a change in role.
• Removed language regarding the DPS process for resolving errors.
• Modified language to show that a person is barred for failure to complete the fingerprinting requirement.
• Clarified that a juvenile criminal history is assessed to determine whether there is an immediate risk to clients.
Originally published as a revision to Operating Policy CBCU-1104. In the Operating Handbook, see:
Section 1000 Background Checks for Purchased Client Services