Licensing Policy and Procedure Handbook Revision November 2010
This revision of the Licensing Policy and Procedures Handbook was published on November 1, 2010. Summaries of new or revised items are provided below.
Review of Exemptions and Orientation
CCL is currently reviewing and making edits to the 2000 section of the LPPH as it relates to exemptions and orientation.
Changes In Law
The items below are revised to reflect recent changes to the Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 745 (Subchapter C, Operations That Are Exempt From Regulation).
The changes were effective June 1, 2010, and include:
• the addition of new criteria to rule; and
• the repeal of certain exemptions and their reorganization into new rules.
The handbook revisions that reflect the TAC changes include:
• changes to policy on residential child care operations;
• new and amended definitions;
• the repeal of sections no longer applicable due to the rule or statute changes; and
• the introduction of new programs subject to regulation.
The handbook revision also reflects statutory changes to Human Resources Code (HRC), §42.041(b), Chapter 42, as the result of Senate Bill (SB) 68 (81st Legislature). SB 68 exempts from DFPS licensure certain programs that otherwise meet the broad definition of child-care facility in HRC, §42.002(3).
2350 Programs of Limited Duration That Are Exempt From Licensure and Certification
2361 Standard Educational Programs That Are Exempt From Regulation by DFPS
2370 Miscellaneous Programs Exempt From Licensure and Certification
Appendix 2000-2: Determining Whether a Program or Operation Is Regulated by Licensing – Questions and Answers