DFPS Program Handbooks
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) publishes the policies and procedures of its programs in a series of handbooks.
The DFPS Program Handbooks are published for:
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Adult Protective Services (APS In-Home program)
- Adult Protective Services Facility (AFC) Investigations
- Statewide Intake Policy (SWI)
- Licensing Policy and Procedures (for child-care operations regulated by the DFPS Licensing Division)
- Guardianship (a program of the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services)
- Minimum Standards Rules (for child-care operations regulated by the DFPS Licensing Division)
The handbooks provide information about DFPS programs:
- Functions, purposes, and objectives;
- Legal references and the programs’ legal bases;
- Organization, operating procedures, and administration; and
- Criteria for eligibility for services.
Links to each handbook's table of contents are provided under the headings on the left.
The most recent revisions to the handbooks are posted here each month. For descriptions of handbook changes, see the Revision Memos at the top of the left navigation panel.
To sign up for notices of policy updates by email, select the Email Updates under Helpful Links on the left.