Fill out Form 4884 Former Foster Youth's Request for Personal Records. (English)

You can find more information at DFPS Texas Youth Connection under the section, "How do I get a copy of my CPS case record?"

DFPS complies with all laws and rules about the entitlement, redaction, and release of the confidential case records it maintains. You may review the relevant laws and rules by clicking here.

If you have questions about requesting case records or any other records issues, please send an email to DFPS Records Management. If you have a copy of your drivers license or other photo ID include only a copy of it. If you do not have a photo ID please call 877-764-7230.

Send the completed form and all required documents to:

Department of Family and Protective Services
Attn: RMG (Y-937)
P.O. Box 149030
Austin, Texas 78714-19030

Have questions?

Phone during business hours: (512) 929-6764 or toll free at (877) 764‐7230

To see other records request categories, click here.

Did You Know?

As a former foster youth, DFPS provides multiple services to you. [learn more]

Or, if you need documentation to verify your status as a former foster youth so you can obtain a tuition waiver, visit the College Tuition and Fee Waiver page.