List of Volunteer Opportunities
There are many ways to help DFPS clients, and most of the opportunities listed below are available in support of more than one program: Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Services, and/or Child Care Licensing.
To view a general description of any job, go to our Sign Up page and click on your area of Texas. You will be taken to our automated sign-up site where you can click on a job to learn more about it and the qualifications needed. You will not be required to sign-up and can exit at any time.
Opportunities involving direct access to clients or confidential information require a thorough background check. Volunteers will be asked to provide information and authorization for these checks.
Not all opportunities available in all areas at all times. Check with your local volunteer coordinator if you don’t see the job you want in your area.
- Case Aides (APS or CPS)
- Client Companions/Visitors (APS)
- Client Transporters (APS or CPS)
- Emergency Resource Rooms (APS or CPS)
- Holiday Gift Projects (APS or CPS)
- Planning/Wish List Coordinators
- LifeBook Assembly (CPS)
- Office Assistants (APS, CPS, or CCL)
- Operation BabyWatch (CPS)
- PAL (Preparation for Adult Living) Helpers (CPS)
- Quilters/Blanket Makers (CPS)
- Recruit Foster/Adoptive Parents (CPS)
- Runaway/Youth Hotline Telephone Counselor
- Shoppers, with Clients or Without (APS or CPS)
- Speaker’s Bureau (APS, CPS or CCL)
- Student Interns (curriculum-based) (APS, CPS, CCL, and State Office)
- Visitation Supervisors (APS or CPS)