There are several ways that volunteers can help us help our clients. The opportunities listed below are for one or more programs. To view a general description of any job, go to our Sign Up page and click on your area of Texas. You will be taken to our automated sign-up site where you can click on a job to learn more about it and the qualifications needed. You will not be required to sign-up and can exit at any time.
Opportunities involving direct access to clients or confidential information require a thorough background check. Volunteers will be asked to provide information and authorization in order to complete the background check.
Not all opportunities available in all areas at all times. Check with your local volunteer coordinator if you don’t see the job you want in your area.
These are the most common volunteer opportunities for Child Protective Services (CPS) and Adult Protective Services (APS):
- Help the Emergency Resources Rooms (APS or CPS)
- Holiday projects (APS or CPS)
- Assemble pictures and information for a child’s personalized scrapbook (CPS)
- Office assistant (APS or CPS)
- Prepare older youth in foster care for independent living (CPS)
- Make quilts or blankets (APS or CPS)
- Special events/activities (APS or CPS)
- Student interns (APS or CPS)