Child Care Licensing (CCL)
Child Care Licensing is one of five major programs at the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
What We Do
CCL works to promote the health, safety, and well-being of children and youth in daycare as well as in foster care and other types of 24 hour childcare. We do this by:
- Regulating childcare operations and child-placing agencies1.
- Issuing permits and checking to make sure operations and agencies comply with licensing standards, rules, and laws.
- Giving technical assistance to help childcare providers meet licensing standards, rules, and laws.
- Investigating reports of violations of minimum standards and reports of abuse or neglect in daycare and residential childcare.
- Educating parents and others about choosing regulated childcare and how each daycare or business complies with state standards.
1Private agency that places children in its own foster/adoptive homes