What We Do
Child Care Licensing (CCL) works to promote the health, safety, and well-being of children and youth in day care as well as in foster care and other types of 24 hour childcare. We do this by:
- Regulating childcare operations and child-placing agencies*.
- Issuing permits and checking to make sure operations and agencies comply with licensing standards, rules, and laws.
- Giving technical assistance to help childcare providers meet licensing standards, rules, and laws.
- Investigating reports of violations of minimum standards and reports of abuse or neglect in daycare and residential childcare.
- Educating parents and others about choosing regulated childcare and how each daycare or business complies with state standards.
*Private agency that places children in its own foster/adoptive homes