All Texas health and human services agencies, including DFPS, are under Sunset Review over the next two years. DFPS submitted the following report to the Texas Sunset Commission on August 31, 2013. If you have questions about the content of this report, send them to Peter Hajmasy. If you have problems accessing this report, contact the DFPS Accessibility Coordinator.
We have broken the DFPS Self-Evaluation Report into sections for your convenience and quicker download, or you can download the entire report (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Section I - Agency Contact Information (PDF)
- Section II - Key Functions and Performance (PDF)
- Section III - History and Major Events (PDF)
- Section IV - Policymaking Structure (PDF)
- Section V - Funding (PDF)
- Section VI - Organization (PDF)
- Section VII - Guide to Agency Programs (PDF)
- Section VIII - Statutory Authority and Recent Legislation (PDF)
- Section IX - Major Issues (PDF)
- Section X - Other Contacts (PDF)
- Section XI - Additional Information (PDF)
- Section XII - Agency Comments (PDF)
Please refer to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission Sunset Self-Evaluation Report for more information.