Join us in protecting the unprotected... with purpose, passion, and persistence!
Join us at the 35th Annual Adult Protective Services (APS) Conference, held in Corpus Christi, Texas on October 30 – November 2, 2018. The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services brings together over 500 attendees eager to learn from more than 50 workshops presented by top professionals from all over the world.
This conference attracts bankers, lawyers, social workers, nurses, doctors, law enforcement, insurance investigators, counselors, home health agencies, and of course, Adult Protective Service staff. With a history of attendance from almost every state in the U.S., this is no local conference!
The APS Conference will be held at the American Bank Center at 1901 N. Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401, and four hotels are offering a discounted rate of $101.00 per night for conference attendees.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
- Pre-conference (October 30) $100.00
- Main Conference (October 31 – November 2) $275.00
- One Day (October 31 or November 1) $125.00
- Aging Population
- Burnout and Self-care
- Caseload Management
- Cultural Diversity
- Death and Dying
- Dementia, including Alzheimer's disease
- Diabetes Management (health and nutrition)
- Disability Rights
- Domestic Violence
- Elder Abuse
- Financial Exploitation
- Forensic Interviewing Skills
- Health Disparities
- Housing our Homeless Veterans
- Infectious Diseases
- Injuries in the Elderly
- Investigating Abuse
- Investigations in State-run Facilities
- Leadership Training
- Long term care changes (State Level)
- Mental Health Resources for Vulnerable Populations
- Stress Management
- Structured Decision Making
- Testifying in Court
- Time Management
- Worker Safety
- Working with Clients with Disabilities
- Working with CPS
- Working with the Legal System
- Working with Undocumented Immigrants
- And many more…