Join us in protecting the unprotected... with purpose, passion, and persistence!
Register now for the 36th Annual Adult Protective Services (APS) Conference, from November 19 through November 22, 2019 in Austin, Texas. The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services brings together over 500 attendees eager to learn from more than 40 workshops presented by top professionals from all over the world.
This conference attracts bankers, lawyers, social workers, nurses, doctors, law enforcement, insurance investigators, counselors, home health agencies, and of course, Adult Protective Services staff. With a history of attendance from almost every state in the United States, this is no local conference!
The Renaissance Austin Hotel is offering a discounted rate for conference attendees. Reservations may be made by contacting the Renaissance Austin Hotel directly. Please inform hotel staff when making your reservation that you will be attending the APS Conference in order to receive the discounted rate.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION is OPEN!
- Main Conference and Pre-conference (November 19–November 22): $375
- Main Conference Only (November 20–November 22): $275
- Single Day: $125
- Analyzing and Documenting
- Best Practices
- Building Rapport with Clients and Co-workers
- Burnout and Self-care
- Family Violence
- Elder Abuse
- Evidence Driven Investigations
- Financial Exploitation
- Forensic Interviewing Skills
- Identifying Root Causes
- Investigating Abuse
- Law Enforcement Working with APS
- Leadership Training
- Mental Health Resources for Vulnerable Populations
- Residency Issues
- Resiliency and Resourcefulness
- Serving the Aging Population
- Stress Management
- Structured Decision Making
- Trends nationwide in APS Populations
- Time Management in a Mobile Environment
- Worker Safety
- Working with Clients with Disabilities
- Working with the Legal System