This publication is intended as a guide for attorneys representing Child Protective Services in Texas. The Department of Family & Protective Services is not intending to render legal or other professional advice in this medium. Users are responsible for their own research.
Applicable laws are constantly subject to change and consequently neither the Department nor any individual contributors to the Practice Guide warrant, either expressly or impliedly, that the information in this volume has not been subject to change, amendment, reversal or revision.
Files are in Adobe Acrobat format. Some are available in Microsoft Word format where noted. Individual sections bear the date of the latest update.
- Section 1: Profile of a Child Protection Suit
- Section 2: Before Filing Suit
- Section 3: Hearing Guides
- Section 4: Inapplicability of the Indian Child Welfare Act to Texas Child Custody Proceedings
- Section 5: Litigation Essentials
- Section 6: Discovery
- Section 7: Evidence
- Section 8: Termination
- Section 9: Jury Trials
- Section 10: De Novo Hearing & Post Trial Strategies
- Section 11: Special Issues
- Section 12: Trial Notebook
- Section 13: Tools
- Section 14: Resources