The Texas Practice Guide for Child Protective Services Attorneys
This publication is intended as a guide for attorneys representing Child Protective Services in Texas. The Department of Family & Protective Services is not intending to render legal or other professional advice in this medium. Users are responsible for their own research.
Applicable laws are constantly subject to change and consequently neither the Department nor any individual contributors to the Practice Guide warrant, either expressly or impliedly, that the information in this volume has not been subject to change, amendment, reversal or revision.
Files are in Adobe Acrobat format. Some are available in Microsoft Word format where noted.
Last update: September 2016
- Section 1: Profile of a Child Protection Suit
- Section 2: Before Filing Suit
- Section 3: Hearing Guides
- Section 4: Indian Child Welfare Act
- Section 5: Litigation Essentials
- Section 6: Discovery
- Section 7: Evidence
- Section 8: Termination
- Section 9: Jury Trials
- Section 10: De Novo Hearing & Post Trial Strategies
- Section 11: Special Issues
- Section 12: Trial Notebook
- Section 13: Tools
- Section 14: Resources