About Region 1
- Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC): Saint Francis Ministries
- Current status: Stage I
- Anticipated go live date for stage II: Based on legislative appropriations
- DFPS/Saint Francis Joint Operations Manual
- DFPS Community-Based Care administrator: Bet Ribordy, (806) 742-9412.
- DFPS Contract Administration manager: Amy Forister, (806) 742-9443.
- Contact Saint Francis Ministries
|Title||Name / Email|
|Chief Operating Officer||Cristian Garcia|
|Director of Foster Care||Scott Mansfield|
|Director of Permanency and Reunification||Jack Noles|
|Director of Placement, Transportation, & Provider Relations||Nicole Locker|
June 2019: DFPS Awards Contract for Region 1
On June 13, 2019, DFPS awarded a Community-Based Care contract in Region 1 to Saint Francis Ministries.
Saint Francis Ministries is a child and family services ministry serving more than 31,000 people in Texas and other states, as well as El Salvador and Honduras. Saint Francis’ work encompasses foster care, therapeutic foster care, adoption, family preservation, residential care, and community outreach services.
- Signed Contract DFPS and Saint Francis Ministries
- Exhibit A Region 1 Statement of Work
- Exhibit B – Region 1 Uniform Terms and Conditions
|Form Number||Form Name|
|1516||Region 1 Adoption Checklist|
|1517||Region 1 Initial Coordination Meeting (ICM)|
|1518||Region 1 Removal|
- August 2018: DFPS announces that Region 1 and Region 8B would be the next areas for Community-Based Care.
- December 7, 2018: DFPS released a request for application for Community-Based Care in Region 1, which covers 41 counties in the Texas Panhandle.
- June 13, 2019: DFPS awarded a Community-Based Care contract in Region 1 to Saint Francis Ministries
- January 5, 2020: Region 1 is live for Stage I Community Based Care.