About Region 8a
- Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC): Family Tapestry
- Current status: Stage I
- Anticipated go live date for stage II: FY 2020
- DFPS/Family Tapestry Joint Operations Manual
- DFPS Community-Based Care administrator: Guy Hanson (210) 337-3310
- DFPS Contract Administration manager: Veronica Alvarez (210) 304-3938
- Contact Family Tapestry
|Title||Name / Email|
|Chief Operating Officer||Raquel Garza-Martinez|
|Chief Culture Management and Shared Services Officer||Cathy Pover|
|Director of Consumer Affairs||Angelica Burns|
|Director of Quality Assurance and Contracts||Leslie Pastrano|
|Senior Director or Placement Coordination||Michelle Cammack|
|Director of Intake and Placement||Roxanna Garcia|
DFPS Awards Contract for Bexar County
The Children’s Shelter is a nationally accredited community-based organization with a history of serving Bexar County and San Antonio since 1901. It delivers trauma-informed care for children and families through a continuum of services that include residential, foster care, mental health, and community based services.
|1514||Region 8A Removal Staffing Checklist|
|1515||Region 8 Adoption Permanency Plan Checklist: Pre and Post-Termination|
- September 2017: DFPS announces that Region 8a would be among the next areas for Community-Based Care.
- December 5, 2017: DFPS released request for applications for Community-Based Care in Region 8a.
- August 3, 2018: DFPS awarded a Community-Based Care contract in Region 8a to Family Tapestry, a division of the Children’s Shelter.