Create a Microsoft Account
You can only read and reply to encrypted emails from DFPS if you have a Microsoft account.
Follow these instructions to create an account at Microsoft.
- Go to Microsoft's Create An Account web page.
- Follow the instructions to create your account. Your "User name" must be the email address the encrypted email was sent to.
- You must read and enter the characters you see to show that you are a real person.
- When you have completed the form, click the Create Account button.
- Next you will be prompted to verify your email address. You must do this to read the secure message.
- Now go to your email inbox to view the Verify your email address message.
- Click the link inside the message to verify your email address.
- You will be taken to your Microsoft account with a verification message that you are ready to go. At this point, you have successfully set up and verified your Microsoft account and are ready to read encrypted messages sent from DFPS.
You now are done creating a Microsoft account.
- >>> Go back to continue reading Email Encryption Instructions web page - for secure emails received on or after June 1, 2014
- >>> Go back to continue reading Email Encryption Instructions web page - for secure emails received before June 1, 2014