|Revision Date||May 1, 2020|
In accordance with Texas Government Code 2161.003, DFPS adopts the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) rules and strives to meet and exceed statewide HUB goals. DFPS assumed the HUB Program from HHSC in November 2019 with detailed roles and responsibilities outlined in the DFPS/HHSC Service Level Agreement.
DFPS is committed to providing full and equitable opportunities for Texas businesses and making good faith efforts to increase utilization of HUBs through procurement and subcontracting opportunities.
The HUB Coordinator is responsible for promoting the HUB Program which includes:
- Ensuring transparency by reporting to agency leadership.
- Developing and implementing strategies to maximize DFPS’s use of HUBs.
- Notifying and inviting HUBs to participate in applicable procurement opportunities and business forums.
- Educating and providing technical assistance to agency staff and vendors about HUB requirements, procurement policies, and procedures.
- Providing guidance to potential contractors during the solicitation phase so respondents can ensure complete and accurate HUB Subcontracting Plan (HSP) are submitted.
- Administering a HUB mentor-protégé program.
- Ensuring HUB compliance with monitoring responsibilities, utilization of HUB vendors, and reporting mandates.
To receive more information on the HUB Program, please contact the DFPS HUB Coordinator.