DFPS needs the most qualified leaders, and we choose those leaders through a fair and impartial process. So, to become a supervisor, you are required to pass an assessment before you can apply.
Anyone who meets the minimum criteria (see the Supervisor Assessment Guide) is eligible to take the supervisor assessment. If you are interested, we recommend you take the assessment now - do not wait for a supervisor position to open up to register!
Here are the key points of the process:
- The supervisor job postings require you to first pass an assessment to be eligible for a supervisor position.
- A passing score is 80%. You will be notified of your results once it is graded. If you pass, your certificate will be emailed to you.
- You may register for and take the assessment any time prior to applying for a supervisor position. You do not have to apply for a position before you take the assessment.
- DFPS offers the assessment every week, except for days near a holiday. Tests are administered virtually, and dates for all DFPS programs are listed below.
- If you are a current employee, register for your assessment in the Learning Station on the DFPS intranet. Search for "Leadership in DFPS Supervisor Track."
- If you do not currently work for DFPS, register for your assessment by emailing DFPS Promotions.
- Registration for each assessment closes 2 days before the date of the assessment.
- Instructions and roll call start 15 minutes before test time via GoToMeeting. If you log on late, you will not be allowed to take the assessment, but you may register for another later assessment.
- If you do not pass, you can take the assessment again. You may take the assessment as many times as you need to be successful.
- Study material for the assessment are available for APS, CPS, CCI and SWI, as well as the HR policies you will need to know.
APS, CPS, CCI, and SWI Supervisor Assessment Schedule
As part of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Supervisor Assessment is being administered virtually, and you will be emailed the procedure 24 hours prior to your test date.
Note that tests are available on different days of the week, depending on whether or not you are currently a DFPS employee:
- The Supervisor Assessment is administered for current DFPS employees on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am to 12:00pm CST. To sign up, go to the Learning Station on the DFPS intranet and search for "Leadership in DFPS Supervisor Track."
- The Supervisor Assessment is administered for those who are not currently DFPS employees on Wednesdays from 11:00am to 1:00pm CST. To sign up, email DFPS Promotions.
Upcoming Test Dates
* Note: Registered participants will be notified by email if temporary changes are made due to unforeseen circumstances.