PEI contracts with community-based programs and agencies to expand the available opportunities to maximize the potential of children and families in Texas communities. Not all services are available in all Texas communities. Services are free of charge and participation is voluntary. PEI does not provide housing, transportation, or any services outside of the scope contracted by local providers.
You can search to find out which programs are available in your county.
Community Youth Development (CYD)
CYD provides positive youth development programs in zip codes with high incidences of juvenile crime.
Fatherhood EFFECT (Educating Fathers for Empowering Children Tomorrow) provides parent education and resources to fathers.
Family and Youth Success (FAYS)
The FAYS program provides coaching, counseling, and group-based learning for youth and parents.
Helping through Intervention and Prevention (HIP)
The HIP program provides in-home parent education for pregnant and parenting foster youth.
Healthy Outcomes through Prevention & Early Support (HOPES)
HOPES provides community-driven initiatives and supports for families with children 0-5 years of age.
Texas Service Members, Veterans, and Families (SMVF)
SMVF provides parenting, education, counseling, and youth development programs for military and veteran families.
Statewide Youth Services Network (SYSN)
The SYSN program provides a statewide network to support positive youth development.
Texas Home Visiting (THV)
THV provides in-home parent education for families with children who are 0-5 years of age.
Special initiatives include the Get Parenting Tips website, an annual parenting tips calendar, and the annual Partners in Prevention Training Conference.
- Get Parenting Tips: A website offering support for parents to foster child safety and prevent child abuse. Includes a vast amount of resources for parents including:
- Parenting Tips: These tips for parents give advice from top experts.
- Videos: Animated and real-life videos for parents of all ages.
- Local Support: Resources for concrete support in your area.
- Free Downloads: Colorful resources, including an annual calendar with parenting tips for each month of the year.
- Annual Partners in Prevention training conference.