What is a Prevention Framework?
We all benefit from community support. Behind many families that succeeded on their own is a strong community that provided a way for the family to meet their needs. A community functioning in a strong and healthy way is all that many families need to succeed.
The Prevention Framework Foundation was developed to exemplify how the supports of strong communities intertwine to wrap around a family and promote their success.
Support activities that all families can access and that contribute to the social well-being of the entire community
Strong communities support the well-being of all families by having access to:
- Quality stable jobs
- Affordable and nutritious food
- Stable and affordable housing
- Well and sick care for the entire family
- Social and emotional support
- High quality education and childcare
- Activities that connect the families to others
- Media that supports and informs families
- Quality legal services and judiciary
Support solutions in the community that help families overcome tough obstacles
Strong communities work to address the hard obstacles families can face by helping families find solutions or by working together as a community to remove the obstacle. These solutions and resources help families get back on track to succeeding “on the their own.”
- These solutions are not for everyone in the community but should be easily accessible for families.
- These solutions should strengthen and support the activities that contribute to the well-being of the entire community.
Support activities that connect community resources to each other
Resources are not in the community, they are part of the community. When a family walks in a door, they should find the solution they need, even if the walked in the wrong door.
Strong communities do not just have solutions for families, they have connected resources and solutions that are responsive to changing needs of families.
- Connection between these activities, solutions, and efforts maximizes the impact of all community-based efforts.
- These connections strengthen the community for all families.