PEI Grantees may have received a prior email regarding the cybersecurity training that had an expired link. The link is now updated and must be completed by users each year.
All users of the PEIRS application are required to complete an IT cybersecurity training on an annual basis. To meet this requirement, PEI has created a GoToWebinar training approved by the Department of Information Resources.
Once the training is completed, users should take the test, print the page with your results, and save with other contract compliance documents.
Grantees certify annually that all staff with access to PEIRS have completed this training requirement using Form 4530, Cybersecurity Training Certification. Once completed, send the form to the PEI Contracting email box and your contract manager.
If your organization is a subawardee (subcontractor), provide required documentation to your lead agency. It is the lead agency’s responsibility to provide one certification that includes any subaward staff who access PEIRS.
- PEIRS users take the training, take the test, and print and save results.
- Grantee completes Form 4530 and sends to PEI Contracting email box and contract manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: DFPS prefers the designated signatory sign Form 4530. If this is not possible, a person in a leadership role or the HR director for the agency may sign. If you already submitted the form without the appropriate authorized signature, please resubmit.
Answer: The date on the certification period should be fiscal year. If you already submitted the form with date specific information, you do not have to resubmit.
Answer: The training is required annually, before June 1 of each year.
Answer: If the training you took is DIR-certified, you do not have to take this training.
- You do need to complete the Form 4530 to certify that your agency has completed the training.
- We do not need copies of the training certificates, but you will need to keep these records in your files, and this requirement will be verified during monitoring.
- PEI requires cybersecurity training and certification annually.
Answer: Use the contract number on your contract. If you have an “agency ID,” this is not always the contract number. If you have multiple contracts with PEI, be sure to include all the contract numbers on the form or submit separate forms for each contract.
Answer: If a user only uses ABCS, they will not need to complete this training. This requirement applies to PEIRS users.
Answer: Yes, you may use this training for other DFPS contracts.
Answer: There is not a certificate, per se:
- Once you have completed the knowledge check, a page with your results will appear.
- Print the page with your results and save with other contract compliance documents.
For questions, send an email to PEI Contracting.