Costs to Consider
Consider the following costs:
- Do you have the required fencing?
- Do you have a mounted fire extinguisher?
- Do you have age-appropriate equipment and activities?
- Do you have sleeping equipment for each child you plan to care for?
- Do you have hazards hidden or locked from accessibility to children?
- Are your pet’s health records up-to-date?
- Do you have a first aid kit?
These are just a few examples of potential costs that are related to opening your home as a child care business.