Welcome to Medical Consent Training
This training is for anyone who makes medical decisions for children in the legal custody of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS). This includes:
- Foster parents.
- Case managers for child-placing agencies.
- Professional staff of emergency shelters.
- Cottage parents (live-in caregivers) of General Residential Operations providing child care services only.
- Relatives and kinship caregivers.
- Youth who make their own medical decisions.
All medical consenters must complete medical consent training. All information and requirements apply to both primary and backup medical consenters.