Section 2 - Responsibilities of a Medical Consenter
Summary of Responsibilities of a Medical Consenter
- Know the child or youth’s healthcare needs, conditions and history.
- Help the child or youth understand the need for the treatment, services, tests, or medication. Your goal must be to prepare them to be able to make this decision on their own, when they are adults.
- Take part in medical and other health appointments with the child or youth.
- Give a summary of child or youth’s medical care to CPS regularly and upon request.
- Promptly share information about significant medical conditions with CPS.
- Consider options for the child or youth that don't involve medication before or at the same time as using psychotropic medication.