Section 2 - Responsibilities of a Medical Consenter
Summary of Responsibilities of a Medical Consenter (Cont'd)
- Give information about new psychotropic medication prescriptions and dose changes in writing to CPS by the next business day.
- Read, sign and abide by Form 2085-B (Designation of Medical Consenter)
- Present Form 2085-B at all health care visits.
- Present emergency contact information for medical consenters to DFPS and others.
- Complete the DFPS Medical Consent Training and acknowledge in writing that you understand informed consent and the importance of considering options that don't involve medication for a child or youth before or along with psychotropic medications.