Section 3 - Medical care
What Happens at a Texas Health Steps Medical Checkup?
The following tests and evaluations are conducted at a Texas Health Steps medical checkup:
- A complete physical examination is conducted.
- The doctor goes over the child or youth's medical history.
- A screening of nutritional, developmental, and mental health status is done.
- Age appropriate laboratory tests are conducted (e.g., blood work, TB screening, STD screening, pelvic exam, lead toxicity, HIV testing.)
- Routine immunizations are taken care of.