Section 6 - Psychotropic Medications

How do I Communicate my Decision Regarding Psychotropic Medications?

  • Once you decide (either to agree to the psychotropic medication or changes in the dose, or not to consent to the medication) you must notify the DFPS caseworker or supervisor,either by e-mail or other written communication by the next business day.
  • Include in the e-mail any questions or concerns you may have about the medications after discussing the questions or concerns with the prescribing doctor, as well as the opinion of the youth about the medications.