Chapter 3
Page 6

Side Effects and Adverse Reactions

Women on phone

Also see Residential Child Care Licensing Minimum Standards Section 748.2233 and Section 749.1583 regarding side effects and Section 748.2231 and Section 749.1581 regarding adverse reactions.

  • Always talk to the child's doctor anytime you have a concern about how a medication is affecting a child.
  • Always report adverse reactions to the doctor right away.
  • Call 911 or immediately take the child to the emergency room if the child is having an adverse reaction that is life threatening.
  • Remember to report this information to CPS and the Child-Placing Agency (CPA) if the child is placed in a residential operation.