Psychotropic Medication Utilization Parameters for Foster Children
- The Parameters give general principles for doctors who prescribe psychotropic medications to children in DFPS conservatorship.
- They were developed by a group of experts, such as child and adolescent psychiatrists, pediatricians, pharmacologists, and other mental health experts and are updated regularly.
- They are based on reliable research and what has worked best in treating other children with similar conditions.
- They list nine criteria that point out the need to review the psychotropic medications prescribed to a child.
- The Parameters are available here on the DFPS website.